Institutional access to the digital assets economy
The AKJ Ecosystem is reinventing the enterprise model. We are using AKJx to help professional investors obtain managed exposure to digital assets. AKJx:
- 01. provides diversified exposure to the digital assets sector, through the top hedge funds on the AKJc platform
- 02. pays 25% of net revenues from the AKJc platform, with a 4.0% annualized yield paid in 2022
- 03. generates inherent market demand from platform funds, motivated to hold the token for both investment and utility attributes
- 04. offers participation in a captive fund of funds that charges no fees and has consistently been ranked as a top-performing fund in its peer group globally
- 05. fuels a platform that is rapidly acquiring clients and is an established leader in the market, and
- 06. provides the comfort of a regulated, award-winning fund platform with a well-established global brand.
The AKJ Ecosystem is operated by the AKJ Group of companies (being AKJt Holdings Limited and AK Jensen Group Limited and their subsidiaries). AKJt is a fintech holding company that oversees the group's digital assets initiatives and is focused on trading, administrative, digitization and other advanced solutions for hedge fund managers. The group and its associated entities serve hedge fund and institutional clients in 35 countries around the world, and are owned by shareholders who collectively have over US$24 billion in assets under management.
Introduction to our ecosystem
Revenue sharing components
AKJ Digital Assets FoF — the fund of funds and seed capital provider
The fund of funds (the ‘FoF‘) that invests in selected hedge funds on the AKJc platform. Net proceeds from the token offering will be held in the FoF, providing funds with investment capital and token investors with access to capital appreciation generated by top managers. 25% of all net revenues and capital appreciation generated by the FoF are shared with token holders, with this amount to increase to 100% over time upon the achievement of certain company milestones.
AKJ Infrastructure — the legal and regulatory foundation
The legal and regulatory infrastructure for hedge funds trading in digital assets, with tier-one providers and regulated entities managing all components necessary. 25% of net revenues from annual regulatory and infrastructure fees are shared with token holders.
AKJ Trading & Systems — the trading system and asset management services
An institutional-quality service for trading, storage and settlement, enabling hedge funds to manage and trade in digital assets. Includes integration to multiple exchanges and access to custody services and other specialized services. 25% of all net revenues from transactions, trading systems, storage and related services are shared with token holders.
Maximum number of Tokens to be issued: 1,000,000,000
AKJ focused on developing substance and going live, before launching the token, under the following roadmap:
Initiated early developments of the AKJc Platform.
Won the first HFM European Services 'Best Hedge Fund Platform' award.
Initiated developments of Trading & Systems, a gateway to multiple crypto exchanges, using the ecosystem’s systems and experience.
Won the second HFM European Services 'Best Hedge Fund Platform' award.
Established AKJc as Security Token issuing company, and as provider of specialised knowledge and services to the platform.
Launched the AKJ Digital Assets FoF and its Capital Allocation Programs offering seed and accelerator capital to qualifying crypto funds on the AKJc Platform.
Won the fourth HFM European Services 'Best Hedge Fund Platform' award.
Reviewed platform and AKJx with regulators (FCA).
Completed spinout of AKJc plc from its legacy parent, achieving greater independence, and formed AKJt Holdings Limited – the fintech holding company.
AKJc issues first “Shareout” distribution to AKJx investors, a 2.07% annual return on investment.
Enhancement of digital assets platform through acquisition of AKJ NexGen Management Limited.
AKJ Ecosystem exceeded $1 billion in Ecosystem assets and 25+ funds live. Won the 5th HFM European Services ‘Best Hedge Fund Platform’ award.
#1 performance ranking of FoF in 700+ global fund peer group (as tracked by Eurekahedge), representing third consecutive year with #1 annual ranking.
Commercial expansion of ecosystem through strategic acquisitions of FMG (Malta) Limited and RiskCap International Limited.
Won HFM 'Best Hedge Fund Platform' award for the 6th time over the past 7 years.
Launched DeFi protocol and token economy development.
Won HFM 'Best Hedge Fund Platform' award for the 7th time over the past 8 years.
Expected launch of AKJx private liquidity pool with Archax.
Expansion of AKJx token utilities to benefit traditional hedge fund clients (expected 2024).
Formal launch of hybrid offering and opening of FoF to outside investment (expected Q2 2024).
Listing of AKJx on a security token exchange, to be followed by a listing on a traditional exchange.
Migrate AKJ Ecosystem into a decentralised environment that is optimised through the use of AI technologies.
Leverage our position as the digital hedge fund ecosystem to establish an equivalent status in the overall financial marketplace, as it transforms in the wake of digitisation.
Tokenise traditional hedge funds for aggregation power for clients and to the benefit of AKJx holders.
* Includes both digital assets and traditional assets. Traditional funds in the AKJ Ecosystem are in place to secure necessary regulatory components and are expected to be tokenised or otherwise contributed to the AKJ platform over time, with income to be shared with AKJx holders at time of tokenisation.
AKJ Ecosystem is operated by a team of more than 120 members.
- Anders Kvamme JensenFounder & Chairman
- Neal MitraCEO AKJc
- Adam PopatChief Financial Officer
- Fredrik ErikstadDirector of HR
- Oskar ÅslundHead of Business Development
- Torstein ThinnCEO Trading & Systems Hub
- Gunnar DetlieCEO Infra Hub
- Katharina Janner HagesveenInterim Marketing Director
- Jan Ketil DaleCEO AK Jensen Limited
- Alfredo OrregoHead of Growth
- Svend Erik EngerProject Manager
- Marta SyrstadHead of Legal
- Alexandra IordanHead of Client Services
- David J. HarveyHead of Execution Services
- Elliot DanielssonChief Operating Officer
- Barry EllissGroup Chief Compliance Officer
- Øyvind Pedersen JrChief Product Officer
- Heidi Helle OpsahlHead of Compliance AK Jensen Norway AS
- Magnus KnudsenHead of Fund and Portfolio Analysis
- Aleksander OlstadHead of Portfolio Management
- Heather Bagley-DynnaHead of Fund Onboarding
AKJ in the News
AKJ is featured in the Financial Times:
"Regulators now need to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater." Delve into the latest Financial Times' PWM article authored by our Head of Business Development, Oskar Åslund, to gain his perspective on the need for smarter digital assets regulation.
AKJ Launches AKJ Vault